If a workspace administrator needs to configure an import in a development model, they can set the import data source (IDS) definition, and its associated import as production data.
When synchronized to the production model, workspace administrators can then access and configure these imports and IDS definitions in Actions .
- Edit mapping information and related options for imports
- Edit the file options that apply to an import source file
- Change the source object for a model-to-model import source; for example, import a different source list
- Sort and reorder imports and IDS definitions
This ensures that end users can import production data whenever needed, either from a data hub, a different model, or from file.
Perform these steps in your development model, or a sync source model.
- In Model Settings, select Actions.
- Select the Import Data Sources tab.
- Locate the source you want, then select Production Data.
- Select the Imports tab.
- For each import that's associated with the source, select Production Data.
- Add a revision tag.
- Synchronize the revision tag to your production model, or a sync target model.
The imports and IDS definitions are now part your production model's production data. Production administrators can navigate to Model Settings > Actions and then configure an IDS definition or import on the Imports and Import Data Sources tabs.