Only workspace administrators can set up copy branch actions.
Before you set up the action, ensure the list you want to copy:
If the list has a child list, ensure this is also a numbered list.
The parent list and the list with which you format the list-format property can be hierarchical lists or numbered lists. However, they cannot be the Users list.
You can enable users to filter items in the parent list when they run the action. This is useful if the parent list is very long. To do this, you must create list properties with the list format against the parent list before you create the action.
Filter by ancestor always displays as an option, but you must assign a parent (ancestor) list to the Parent Hierarchy to enable users to filter by parent.
Prepare a dashboard or dashboards
You can only run Copy branch from a dashboard. This is because the user must select the branch to copy before they run the action.
Publish a list that displays the uppermost items in the branches you want to copy to a dashboard. This can be an existing dashboard or a new one. After you create the action, you can publish it as a button to the same dashboard.
If you want the Copy branch action to open a new dashboard when it copies the items, you must first create the dashboard that you want the action to open.
If you want to enable Prompt to show all/recently created only for the action, ensure the module view you publish to the dashboard has the list that includes the new items on rows or columns. The prompt does not display if you pivot the list to be on pages.
Set up a copy branch action
To set up a copy branch action:
- In the Actions tab of the Actions
pane, select New Action from the toolbar at the top.
- Select Copy Branch from the menu.
- Enter the button name in the Button text field.
Follow best practice naming conventions to ensure the action is easy to identify.
- In the Copy from dropdown, select the list from which you want to select a branch to copy.
Only numbered lists are available to select.
- In the Level to copy dropdown, select:
- All levels to copy the item the user selects, all its descendants, and all associated data.
- Immediate children only to copy only the item the user selects and its immediate children.
- Select the dashboard you want the action to open from the Default Dashboard to open dropdown.
- Optionally, select the checkbox for Prompt to show all/ recently created only.
- Optionally, select list item properties you want to act as filters from the Filter using drop-down list.
- Select OK.
You can then publish the action to a dashboard.