Use the Send and Refresh button in the Anaplan ribbon to write data changes made in the Excel Add-in back to an Anaplan module or saved view.
You can only use Send and Refresh with a read/write connection, including multi-sheet read/write connections.
When you send data, it adds an entry named Bulk data change (add-in) to the model history.
The maximum number of cells you can write to Anaplan with Send and Refresh at a time is one million.
Connections in versions 4.2 and above of the Excel Add-in can contain up to five million cells, but you can only write one million cells to Anaplan at a time.
To send and refresh data:
- Make data changes in your connected worksheet.
- Click outside of any cells you made changes to or press Enter.
This validates the data change.
- On the Anaplan ribbon, click Send and Refresh.
The Finding Changes dialog displays along with the Send and Refresh pane, which displays on the right.
Once the Finding Changes dialog completes, it displays the number of changes in the connection.
- Click Close.
The Finding Changes dialog closes.
- In the Send and Refresh pane, confirm the changes to be sent.
- Optionally, use the Only Errors toggle to display only changes that cannot be written to Anaplan.
- Optionally, if you send and refresh a multi-sheet connection, a dropdown list displays under Changes. Select each worksheet from this list to review the changes for them.
- In the Send and Refresh pane, click Submit to write your data changes to Anaplan.
The Send and Refresh dialog displays:
- Success if the data changes were written to your Anaplan model.
- Errors detected if data could not be written to your Anaplan model. In this case, troubleshoot any errors in the Send and Refresh pane.
- Click Close.
The Send and Refresh dialog closes.