You must be a workspace administrator to set up an open dashboard action.
You must have access to the dashboard to which you publish the action, and the target dashboard, to run the action. However, you can create an open dashboard action even if your model role lacks access to these dashboards.
If you use a list to set the context for the action, ensure you have access to the list, and that it's set as a page selector on the target dashboard. It's also helpful to add a text box to the launch dashboard that advises users to select a context before they run the Open dashboard action.
To set up an open dashboard action:
- In the Actions tab of the Actions pane, select New Action.
- Select Open Dashboard.
- Enter the name of the action in the Button text field.
Follow best practice name conventions to ensure the action is easy to identify.
- Select the dashboard you want the action to open from the Default Dashboard to open dropdown.
- Optionally, select the context list from the List Context dropdown.
If you select a context list that has a list-format property, the Open a Different Dashboard Depending on List Property dropdown displays.
- Optionally, select a list-format property from the Open a Different Dashboard Depending on List Property dropdown.
Dropdowns display for every property value assigned to the list-format property. You can select a Dashboard to Open for each Property Value.
If you do not select a dashboard for any of the property values, the default dashboard opens when you select the Open Dashboard button.
- Select OK.
The new action displays under Other Actions.
If your role does not have access to the data that displays on the target dashboard or dashboards, the code
#ERROR#displays in the Action column of the Action tab for that action. However, the action is valid and the error does not display to users who have the necessary access permissions.
You can then publish the new action to a dashboard.