You must create an input module before you add the Order List action. The input module must have:
- A single list, with at least one list item
- At least one line item with the format Text: General, Number, Date, or Time Period
Note: You can only run the Order List action on lists with fewer than 1 million items.
To set up an Order List action:
- In the Actions pane, click New Action and select Order List.
- Enter the button name in the Action Name field.
Follow best practice naming conventions to ensure the action is easy to identify.
- Select the list to order from the Select list drop-down list.
- In the Select line item dropdown, select the line item the values of which you want to order the list.
Only line items set up to define order criteria display.
- To determine whether the order is ascending or descending, select Ascending or Descending from Sort order.
- Click OK.
Your action displays under Other Actions in the Actions pane.
You can then publish the new action to a dashboard.