As a workspace administrator, you can set up an order list action. This action enables you to order a list by values you enter into an input module.
Only workspace administrators can run this action.
You must create an input module before you add the Order list action. The input module must have:
- A single list, with at least one list item
- At least one line item with the format Text: General, Number, Date, or Time Period
Note: You can only run the Order list action on lists with fewer than 1 million items.
To set up an order list action:
- In the Actions pane, click New Action and select Order List.
- Enter the button name in the Action Name field.
Follow best practice name conventions to ensure the action is easy to identify.
- Select the list to order from the Select list drop-down list.
- In the Select line item dropdown, select the line item the values of which you want to order the list.
Only line items set up to define order criteria display.
- To determine whether the order is ascending or descending, select Ascending or Descending from Sort order.
- Click OK.
Your action displays under Other Actions in the Actions pane.
You can then publish the new action to a dashboard.