Remap a connection that you previously created in a different environment.
Remap is an advanced function as you must match dimension structures carefully. You remap your connection when the original connection settings have changed. Remap a connection when you:
- Copy a model
- Archive a model
To remap a connection:
- Select Remap from the ribbon menu.
The Remap Connection dialog displays.
- Complete the dialog entries:
- Use the dropdown to Select a customer.
- Use the dropdown to Select a workspace.
- Use the dropdown to Select a model.
- Use the dropdown to Select a module or view.
Tip: Use the search field to find your model, module, or view.
- Click Remap.
This applies your remap settings to the connection.
Note: To optimize your remap, do so from a module or saved view with a similar structure. Your spreadsheet will be overwritten with revised data.