As a workspace administrator, you can set up a delete from list using selection action. This enables swift deletion of items from very long lists.
You must be a workspace administrator to set up a delete from list using selection action.
Ensure that your model role has access to the list you want the action to amend.
Before you create a delete from list using selection action, you must create a control module that has as its rows and columns:
- The list you want to amend
- A single Boolean-formatted Delete line item
You can optionally enter a formula for the line item in Blueprint to control which cells are checked.
To create a delete from List using Selection action:
- In the Actions tab of the Actions pane, select New Action.
- Select Delete from List using Selection.
- Enter the name of the action in the Action Name field.
- Select the list from which you want to delete items in the Delete Items from field.
- In the Selected using field, select the Boolean-format line item you want to use to control which items the action deletes.
Only suitably formatted line items display.
- Select OK.
The new action displays under Other Actions.
You can then publish the new action to a dashboard. You may want to publish a view of the control module to the same dashboard as the action. This enables users to select items to delete before they run the action.