Before you insert an image, you must store the image URL in a line item. You can:
- Enter the URL directly into a line item with the Text format and the type Link
- Enter the URL as a list-item property and link it via formula to a line item elsewhere in the model
We recommend that you manage images in a central module to maintain consistency across your model.
The image placeholder displays the image from the URL, and every time a dashboard is refreshed, the latest version of the image loads.
Host any image you want to display in Anaplan securely, at a publicly accessible URL. Image URLs must begin with
https:// and end with a
.png file extension.
If you select a line item that does not contain or reference a valid image URL, the image placeholder displays an invalid URL message.
Note: When you export a dashboard to PDF, a white space displays instead of any image place holder in the PDF.
To add an image to a dashboard:
- In the dashboard, open the Dashboard Designer and click Edit.
- Click the Add Image button in the toolbar at the top.
The image placeholder displays at the bottom of the canvas.
- If the Properties Panel is not already open, click the Open Properties Panel icon (an arrow that points away from a thick vertical line) at the left-hand side of the toolbar.
- In the Image section of the Properties Panel, click Select line item.
A dialog opens.
- Select the module and line item that contains or references the image you want to add.
The linked image loads in the image placeholder.
If the image is unavailable a white space displays. This can happen if you lose network connection or there's no image found on the server.
- In the Height and Width section, use the Percentage or Pixels options to view and adjust the dimensions of the image placeholder.
You can also drag the arrowhead in the bottom-right corner of the image placeholder to resize it. The image maintains the same aspect ratio.
- If the dashboard toolbar is hidden, show the toolbar:
- In Anaplan Classic, select the dashboard tab.
- In the New Modeling Experience, right-click the dashboard tab.
- Click Save or Save & Exit on the dashboard toolbar.
The image displays on the dashboard.