Note: You can also import data from another model into a module.
Workspace administrators can import cell data into a module in Grid view, and import line items into Blueprint view. This makes model set up quicker. It also makes it easier to work with data from external sources without the need for time-consuming manual input.
The first time a workspace administrator runs a module import, they upload the source file, set the file options, and map source data to target data.
Once an import has been set up and run for the first time, the import can then be run again as an action.
Workspace administrators can:
- Run a module import as an action from the Actions pane in a model.
- Add import actions to a process.
- Publish the import action to a dashboard.
Only workspace administrators can run line item imports as actions.
Both workspace administrators and non-workspace administrators can:
- Import cell data into a module from a dashboard.
- Run the import from a card or worksheet in the user experience.
- Run the import with the Anaplan Integrations API.