When you import data into Anaplan, it automatically generates an import data source. A single target can have multiple import data sources. This enables you to update a target with data from multiple import sources, although you need to map each time, as import data sources do not include mapping.
The potential data sources for an import are:
- Files (such as a CSV or TXT file).
- External systems.
- Saved views.
The potential targets to import into from the above data sources are:
It's important to give data sources unique names if they might be used as import data sources.
Configure and reconfigure imports
There are several locations where you can create and configure new imports:
- The Import button in Users .
- The Import button in Versions .
- Data > Import within a module.
- An action button on a dashboard.
- Data > Import via a dashboard element menu.
- The Import button within a list in General Lists .
Once you've created an import, there are a number of ways you can reconfigure them. You can reconfigure most imports either within the target module itself, or in Actions > Import Data Sources. Alternatively, you can reconfigure model to model imports within Source Models.
Learn how to: