Import actions enable you to easily import large amounts of data into your apps. This removes the need for end users to manually input data.
Your import actions must be configured in the source model by a workspace administrator before being added to a page.
Configure imports on a worksheet toolbar to enable users to update modules and pages with the latest data for planning activities.
Users can import data from spreadsheets, databases, or other accounting and reporting systems to populate and update Anaplan models.
Imports are typically performed using flat files that are tab separated or comma separated (.csv), but you can specify a different separator, such as a semi-colon (;) or a pipe (|).
You can also use action cards to enable end users to run import actions on a worksheet or a board. To learn how to add an action card to a board or worksheet, see Configure an action card.
Add an import action to a worksheet toolbar
To add an import action to the toolbar of the worksheet you are building:
- Open your worksheet in designer mode.
- Click Edit toolbar actions.
- Select Imports.
The import actions displayed are defined in the source module.
Type part of the name of an action into the Find... field to narrow down the list of imports.
- In the Enable column, move the toggle to the right to add an action to a worksheet's toolbar.
Move the toggle to the left to remove an action from a worksheet's toolbar.
- Optionally, type into the field under Toolbar label to change the label for an enabled import action. The default label is the name defined for an action in the source model.
Use an easy-to-understand label to ensure end users know what the import action is for.
- Click Update.
You can continue to design or edit the worksheet.
- When you have finished designing or editing the worksheet, click Publish.