Action cards enable users to run actions on a page.
You can add these actions to a board if its source model contains them:
You must be in designer mode to add an action card.
Note: You can publish an action card without any actions on it or save the page as a draft until you're ready to add the actions.
Action cards enable end users to complete a set of actions, such as those required to complete a business process.
Suppose an end user needs to upload data from different accounting systems, then export it for use in a report. You can add an action card with import and export actions to the Additional insights panel.
This enables the end user to click the import buttons to perform relevant imports. After an import, data on the worksheet updates automatically. The user then clicks the export button to download the data.
If you know users will perform a specific sequence of imports and exports, use a process action. This enables users to perform a sequence of imports and exports through a single action.
Alternatively, you can add an action card with a form to the Additional insights panel on a worksheet. Forms enable users to add new list items to data. For example, if a user needs to add a new account to a worksheet, you can add a form to enable them to enter the data manually.
Configure an action card
To add or edit a card:
To configure the action card:
- Click the Actions tab. Expand any list of existing Imports, Exports, or Processes available to your page.
A list of the available actions displays.
- To narrow the list of available actions, enter part of an action's name into the Find... field under Add actions.
The list narrows to those actions with names that contain the typed characters.
- Toggle to the right each action you want to add.
The action now displays on the card.
- If you want to create a form to add to the card, click the Create dropdown and then select Form.
If you want to create a notification to add to the card, click the Create dropdown and then select Notification.
- Optionally, further configure your action card and actions.
To position your card and publish it: