You can add an action card to a board page or a worksheet page.
You can add these actions to a page if its source model contains them:
Note: You can publish an action card without any actions on it or save the page as a draft until you're ready to add the actions.
Action cards enable users to complete a set of actions, such as those required to complete a business process.
Suppose a user needs to upload data from different accounting systems, then export it for use in a report. You can add an action card with import and export actions to the Additional insights panel.
This enables the user to click the import buttons to perform relevant imports. After an import, data on the worksheet updates automatically. The user then clicks the export button to download the data.
If you know users will perform a specific sequence of imports and exports, use a process action. This enables users to perform a sequence of imports and exports through a single action.
Alternatively, you can add an action card with a form to the Additional insights panel on a worksheet. Forms enable users to add new list items to data. For example, if a user needs to add a new account to a worksheet, you can add a form to enable them to enter the data manually.
Configure an action card
To configure the action card:
- Click the Actions tab. Expand any list of existing Imports, Exports, Forecast actions, or Processes available to your page.
A list of the available actions displays.
- To narrow the list of available actions, enter part of an action's name into the Find... field under Add actions.
The list narrows to those actions with names that contain the typed characters.
- Toggle to the right each action you want to add.
The action now displays on the card.
- If you want to create a form, create a notification or create a data write action to add to the card, click the Create dropdown and then select the action type.
- Optionally, to indicate the purpose of the action buttons, change their style. Hover over the button and select the icons for:
Choose from Default (blue), Positive (green), Caution (yellow), Negative (red), and Neutral (gray).
Select Solid for a filled button with white content.
Select Border for an outlined button with colored content.
Select a suitable icon.
Hover to see the label for each icon.
- Optionally, further configure your action card and actions.
To position your card and publish it:
- Optionally, drag and drop your card to where you want it to display.
To drag and drop, select the drag handle in the center of the top of a card.
- On worksheets, drag your cards within the Additional insights panel.
- On boards, size and arrange your cards in rows and columns.
- On reports, freely arrange your cards on report slides.
- To save your changes, select Publish.
You can save the page as a draft if you're not yet ready to publish.