Note that you can manage user access to workspaces in three ways:
- A user administrator can create users and assign them to, or unassign them from, a workspace in the Administration console.
- A workspace administrator can add or remove users from the Users
pane in a model.
- A workspace administrator can import a list of users to add users and update user details.
If a user administrator and workspace administrator input conflicting changes for a user, the most recent transaction determines the user account status.
To avoid user status conflicts, we recommend that your organization use the user administrator role to provision user access. Workspace administrators can then refine model-level access from the Users
To create a new internal user:
- In Users > Internal, click New.
The Create new internal user dialog displays.
- Complete the new user dialog prompts for First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
Do not reassign email addresses for removed users to a new user account. Anaplan does not support user accounts that re-use email addresses from deleted user accounts.
- Click Create user to create the user account or click Cancel to cancel the account creation.
If you click Create, the Assign user to workspaces dialog displays.
- In the dialog, select the workspaces to which the user can access.
- Click the select all box (the checkbox with a hyphen next to the search box) to select all the workspaces in your tenant.
- If you have a long list of workspaces, use the search to find a specific workspace.
- Select the Notify user when added to workspaces to send a notification email to the user after the user account is created.
This checkbox is selected by default.
- Click Add to Workspaces to assign the user to the selected workspaces or click Skip to skip this part of the process.
A confirmation displays for the created user account. If you have assigned workspaces, a confirmation displays indicating the user is assigned to the workspaces.