You can add notification actions:
- As an action button on an action card
- In the menu of an action card
- In the toolbar of a worksheet
You can specify a list of up to 20 recipients, or you can point to a line item that is a user from a list. If you use a line item, the notification is sent by email to the person specified in the line item when your page users submit the action.
You can write a message body of up to 300 characters. When your users select the action, they can change this message, to a maximum length of 300 characters.
When you later duplicate an app or page containing notification actions, your configuration changes will not affect the notification actions in the original pages.
Actions are not available on personal pages or report pages.
Create a notification action
To configure your notification action:
- Click Edit this page
in the toolbar to open your page in designer mode.
- Optionally, add a new card.
Learn how to add a card to a board or a worksheet.
- Choose from where you want to add the notification action. Select:
- The Configure action button in a new action card, to add an action button to the card
- Configure actions in the
menu of an existing action card, to add an action to the card's menu
on an action card, to add an action
- For a worksheet page, you can also click the Configure worksheet actions button in the toolbar.
- In the Actions tab of the right-hand side panel, click the Create dropdown, and select Notification.
The Notification designer displays.
- Configure the content of your notification, including:
- the Name, as the label for your action button
- Links to, as the target page for the link in your email
- a Make context-aware toggle, to preserve the current context when the notified user opens the link
- Title, which displays above the message in your email, and links to the page
- Message, as the body of your email.
- Click Next.
- On the second page of the Notification designer, add Recipients for your notification:
- To select recipients manually, for Assign recipients via, click Specific people, and then add recipients.
- To use a single recipient from module data, for Assign recipients via, click Module data, and then select a Module and Line item. At the top-right of the Notification designer, you can configure the context of the preview without affecting the context of the page or card. Read how to assign recipients via module data.
- Click Create.
- When you’re ready, click Publish to make your notification actions available.
You can edit or delete a notification action from its