The primary grid on a worksheet should contain the data that is most relevant to your users' needs. You can create a primary grid using a custom view of the data in a module.
There are three steps to creating a primary grid from a custom view:
- Select the source module.
- Design the view.
- Preview primary grid, set hierarchy filters, and publish.
Select the source module
- Open the worksheet in designer mode, or create a new worksheet.
- Click Configure grid, under the grid icon, in the center of the screen.
The Select primary grid dialog displays.
- In the Select data source panel on the left, ensure the Custom views tab is selected.
The list of available modules displays.
- Select a module from the list.
A preview displays in the center of the dialog.
Design the view
- To modify the custom view, use the functions accessible through the toolbar icons at the top-right:
to change the dimensions applied to Rows, Columns, and Context selectors.
to change the values that display for line items in your grid, based on criteria you determine.
to arrange your data in ascending or descending order.
- Show / Hide
to choose which dimension items you want to display.
- Totals Position
to change where totals display on the grid.
- Conditional Formatting
to apply formatting to cells in your grid based on specified criteria.
to change the order of items on a grid.
- Click Next when you finish modifying your view.
Further configuration options display, along with a preview of your custom view.
Preview primary grid, select hierarchy filters, and publish
- Preview the primary grid on the right of the screen and ensure it is correct.
If you need to make a change, click Back, and modify the view further.
- Configure additional options. You can:
- Toggle Allow editing right to enable users to edit list items or data.
- Toggle Allow pivot right to enable users to pivot the worksheet (this is enabled by default).
- Select a value from the Row height dropdown to change the height of rows on the worksheet.
Standard, the default height, is one line high. Medium is two lines high, Large is four lines, and Extra large is eight lines.
- Toggle right under Rows or Columns to enable hierarchy filters.
- Select one or more line items under Line item image settings to display their values as images on the worksheet (these images display once you click Publish).
The Line item image settings section only displays if your view contains valid link-formatted line items.
You can display
.pngfiles as images on a grid card. Learn how to store image URLs.
- Click Update to complete the primary grid customization.
- Click Publish, in the top-right, to publish the custom view to the worksheet.