The primary grid on a worksheet should contain the data that is most relevant to your users' needs. You can create a primary grid using a custom view of the data in a module.
There are three steps to creating a primary grid from a custom view:
- Select the source module.
- Design the view.
- Preview primary grid, set hierarchy filters, and publish.
1. Select the source module
- Open the worksheet in designer mode, or create a new worksheet.
- Click Configure grid, under the grid icon, in the center of the screen.
The Select primary grid dialog displays.
- In the Select data source panel on the left, ensure the Custom views tab is selected.
The list of available modules displays.
- Select a module from the list.
A preview displays in the center of the dialog.
2. Design the view
- Click these icons to customize the primary grid. The functionality represented by these icons enables you to:
- Pivot (1), to change the dimensions applied to rows, columns and context selectors
- Filter (2), to change the values displayed for line items in your grid
- Sort (3), to arrange your data in ascending or descending order
- Show / Hide (4), to choose which dimension items you want to display
- Totals Position (5), to change where totals and summaries display on the grid
- Conditional Formatting (6), to apply formatting to cells in your grid based on specified criteria
3. Preview primary grid, select hierarchy filters, and publish
- Preview the primary grid on the right of the screen and ensure it is correct.
- If you need to make a change, click Back, and modify the data view further.
- Where applicable, you can toggle the switches under Rows and Columns in the left panel to enable hierarchy filters for the worksheet.
- Click Update to complete the primary grid customization.
- Click Publish, in the top-right, to publish the custom view to the worksheet.