The option Users can edit list items is not available on personal pages.
There are three steps to creating a primary grid from a custom view:
- Select the source module.
- Design the view.
- Preview primary grid, set hierarchy filters, and publish.
Select the source module
- Open the worksheet in designer mode, or create a new worksheet.
- Select Configure view in the worksheet toolbar.
- In the Overview tab of the View configuration panel, select a View.
The View dialog displays, with Custom views and Module views displayed in the left panel.
- Select the Custom views tab.
- Select a module from the list.
A preview displays in the center of the dialog.
Design the view
- To modify the custom view, use the functions accessible through the toolbar icons at the top-right:
- Pivot to change the dimensions applied to Rows, Columns, and Context selectors.
- Filter to change the values that display for line items in your grid, based on criteria you determine.
- Sort to arrange your data in ascending or descending order.
- Show / Hide to choose which dimension items you want to display.
- Totals Position to change where totals display on the grid.
- Conditional Formatting to apply formatting to cells in your grid based on specified criteria.
- Reorder to change the order of items on a grid.
- When you're happy with the preview, select Update. Alternatively, to discard changes, cancel the View dialog.
Preview primary grid, select hierarchy filters, and publish
Optionally, in the Grid tab of Card configuration:
- Under the Allow editing heading, toggle Users can edit list items right to enable users to maintain the list items. This does not grant additional permission to edit the data in cells.
- Toggle Users can enter and edit cell data right to enable users to edit data in grid cells.
- Toggle Allow pivot right to enable users to pivot the worksheet (this is enabled by default).
- Select a value from the Row height dropdown to change the height of rows on the worksheet.
Standard, the default height, is one line high. Medium is two lines high, Large is four lines, and Extra large is eight lines.
- Toggle right under Rows or Columns to enable hierarchy filters.
- Select one or more line items under Line item image settings to display their values as images on the worksheet (these images display once you click Publish).
The Line item image settings section only displays if your view contains valid link-formatted line items.
You can display
.pngfiles as images on a grid card. Learn how to store image URLs.
To save your changes, select Publish.
You can save the page as a draft if you're not yet ready to publish.