You can add an image card to a board, worksheet, or report. Select your image URL, either as a static URL or as a URL in a line item.
To use an image from a line item, the source model must contain a line item with the format Text and type Link. The line item must contain a valid image URL.
Images must have publicly accessible URLs to appear in a PDF Export. The URL must begin with
https:// and the type of the referenced image must be one of: PNG (
.jpeg), or GIF (
To configure your image card to display an image from a line item:
- In the Overview tab, select the Image source: Line item.
- Select the module that contains the image from the Module drop-down list.
Only modules that contain Link type line items display in the drop-down.
- Select the image from the Line item dropdown.
If the URL is valid, the image you select displays in the image card.
If the URL is invalid a message notifies you on the image card. You or your workspace administrator must update the URL.
To configure your image card to display an image from a static URL:
- In the Overview tab, select the Image source: URL.
- In Image source URL, enter the full URL of the image.
- Enter a title in the Title field.
The default title for an image card is the name of the selected line item.
- Enter a description of the card in the Description field.
The description displays in a tooltip for the information icon .
- Configure a link to another page.
Select a page from the Link to a page drop-down list.
The image card links to the page you select, only if the selected page is published.
If you have not entered a card title, the name of the page you link to displays as the card title.
Select a Link style: Title, Icon, or None.
Optionally, in the Image tab:
- For boards and worksheets, toggle Display card background to display or hide the background of the image card.
The background of cards is enabled by default.
- For reports, select Image scaling. As you resize an image card, Stretch sizes the height independently of the width to fill the card, and Scale sizes the image content proportionally.
Then configure the context selectors.
To position your card and publish it:
- Optionally, drag and drop your card to where you want it to display.
To drag and drop, select the drag handle in the center of the top of a card.
- On worksheets, drag your cards within the Additional insights panel.
- On boards, size and arrange your cards in rows and columns.
- On reports, freely arrange your cards on report slides.
- To save your changes, select Publish.
You can save the page as a draft if you're not yet ready to publish.
If the module has multiple dimensions, a context selector displays in the top-right of a board page, or in the card of a worksheet. To select a different image to display, select an item from the context selector.