Action cards help users to complete a set of actions on a board or worksheet. You can add import and export actions, processes, forms, and notifications to an action card.
You can add these actions to a page if its source model contains them:
- Imports and exports. Use import and export actions if your users need to upload data from a different system and export it to a worksheet. When the user selects the import button, data on the worksheet updates automatically. The user then selects the export button to download the data.
- Processes. Use a process action if you know your users will perform a specific sequence of actions. For example, if your users will perform a sequence of imports and exports.
Alternatively, you can add an action card with a form so your users can add new list items to data. For example, if your user needs to add a new account, you can add a form so they can enter the data manually.
You can also add notification actions so your users can email your collaborators on the platform.
Note: You can publish an action card without any actions on it.
You must open your page in designer mode. Select Edit this page .
You can save your work at any time. Select Save to save as a draft. When you're ready to publish, select Publish.
To configure your card:
- Select Configure action on a new card, or hover over your card and select Edit .
- On the Overview tab of the Card configuration panel, you can:
- Enter a Title and Description for your card.
- Choose a Title color swatch, or enter the hexadecimal code.
- Choose a page to link to from the Link to a page dropdown.
- Enable Display Card Background.
- On the Actions tab, expand any list of existing actions available to your page.
- Toggle to the right each action you want to add to your card.
- If you want to create a form, notification, or data write action to add to the card, choose an action type from the Create dropdown.
- On the Manage tab, you can select the ellipsis and:
- Select Edit action label to rename your action label.
- Toggle Run steps automatically right.
- Toggle Disable cancel button to prevent your users canceling an action once they run it.
- Select Remove action.
- You can change the style of action buttons to show their purpose. Hover over the button and select:
- Style . Select Solid for a filled button with white content, or Border for an outlined button with colored content.
- Icon .
- Optionally, you can further configure your action card and actions.