Note that you can manage user access to workspaces in three ways:
- A user administrator can create users and assign them to, or unassign them from, a workspace in the Administration console.
- A workspace administrator can add or remove users from the Users pane in a model.
- A workspace administrator can import a list of users to add users and update user details.
If a user administrator and workspace administrator input conflicting changes for a user, the most recent transaction determines the user account status.
To avoid user status conflicts, we recommend that your organization use the user administrator role to provision user access. Workspace administrators can then refine model-level access from the Userspane within a model.
This procedure is for when you want to remove users from a workspace when you're in a model. Learn how to manage user access, as a user administrator, from the Administration console.
It’s quicker to delete several users at the same time than to delete each separately. You can delete up to 250 users at a time.
Before you begin
You must be in a model within the workspace from which you want to delete the user or users.
Note: If you delete users from any model in the workspace, they’re removed from all models in that workspace. If you only want to remove a user’s access to a specific model in a workspace, change their model role
Before you launch the Delete from Users wizard, select the users you want to remove from the workplace. If you do not select any users, the first user in the list is automatically selected.
|If you want to select:||then:|
|a single user||select any cell in the row that contains that user.|
click the top-left corner of the grid.
Note: you cannot delete yourself, so your user is not selected for deletion in the wizard.
|multiple users in adjacent rows of the grid|
If you want to change your selection:
|multiple users that are not adjacent in the grid|
If you want to change your row selection:
To delete the selected user or users from your workspace:
- In the Users pane of the model, click Delete users in the toolbar.
The Delete from Users wizard displays.
The list of users to keep displays on the left under Click to make a selection.
The users to delete display on the right under Items to delete.
Your user displays under Click to make a selection, but you cannot select your user for deletion.
- Optionally, amend your selection of users to delete:
- Select users under Click to make a selection to move them to the Items to delete column.
- Click Keep to the right of any users selected for deletion to remove them from the Items to delete column.
- Click Delete All >> to move all users except yourself to the Items to delete column.
- Click << Keep All to remove all users from the Items to delete column.
- Click OK when you're happy with your selection of users to delete.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog to confirm the deletion, or Cancel to return to the wizard.
A message displays the progress of your deletion. When this completes, your results display.
There are three possible results:
|Success||The number of users deleted displays.|
The number of users deleted displays.
A list of the users not deleted also displays, so you can try again.
A confirmation that no users were deleted displays.
A list of the users not deleted displays, so you can try again.