In a module, quickly create filter rules for your data.
You can select up to five dimensions in your module. Auto-filter will create a filter for each dimension using default values you can quickly edit.
Auto-filter displays the following defaults values:
- Numeric: Greater than 0
- Date: Equal to today's date
- Boolean: Equal to ‘true' (check box marked)
- List: Is equal to …
- Text: Contains…
- None: Blank
Each individual auto-filter has a performance cost. When creating auto-filters:
- Consider whether all the filters are required.
- Test each individual filter.
- Remove filters that do not change the result.
- Consider whether you can achieve the same criteria with a single line item formula that resolves to a Boolean.
To create an auto-filter:
- Highlight up to five columns or rows in your module. Select the Filter icon in the toolbar. You can also navigate to the Data menu in the toolbar, and then select Filter.
- From the dialog box, edit the default values in the fields displayed.
Note: The auto-filter returns rows or columns that meet all criteria by default. You can change this to any.
- Optional step: Add or remove additional filters. Select the Plus or Minus sign.
- Select OK to confirm your filter rules.