You can sort data either ascending or descending. Sort order applies these conventions:
- For text and list data types, the sort order is alphanumeric, with blanks as the lowest, then punctuation marks, then numbers, then A-Z.
- For dates, the sort order treats blanks as low, then earliest to latest.
- If values are tied, the default order in the list is applied.
- If a column contains a mix of data types, each data type is grouped, and then the sort is applied within the group.
- For composite hierarchies, each level of the hierarchy is sorted separately.
- In your module, select the column or row you want to sort.
- Select the Sort toolbar icon, or right-click on the column or row and select Sort from the menu.
- In the dialog box:
- Set the order to Lowest to Highest or Highest to Lowest.
- Select the level or levels to sort, summaries, details, or both.
- Select the Totals position.
- Ensure that the Enable sort checkbox is selected, and select OK.
To edit a sort, select the column or row it applies to and select the Sorttoolbar icon, or right-click on the column or row and select Sort from the menu.
To remove a sort, deselect the checkbox to the right of the Sorttoolbar icon .
Tip: To preserve the sort for when you next open the module, remember to save the view. Select View from the toolbar and then Save As from the dropdown menu.