Pivot your dimensions before you customize your custom view further. When you pivot a custom view, it removes any filter, sort, or show customizations you make. However, conditional formatting persists when you pivot a custom view.
On custom views with customizations published before the Allow pivot configuration option was released, pivot is disabled by default.
Users cannot pivot Module views. This must be done in the source model.
To design a custom view:
- Click Configure grid on a new worksheet, or Select view on an existing worksheet; or create and then configure a new chart, grid, or KPI card.
This opens the Select data source window within the Select primary grid or Card designer dialog. The name of the dialog depends upon whether you're designing a view for a worksheet or card, but the functionality remains the same.
- In the Custom views tab, select a module.
A preview displays in the center of the dialog. A toolbar displays in the top-right of the preview, next to any context selectors.
- To modify the custom view, use the functions accessible through the toolbar icons at the top-right:
- Pivot to change the dimensions applied to Rows, Columns, and Context selectors.
- Filter to change the values that display for line items in your grid, based on criteria you determine.
- Sort to arrange your data in ascending or descending order.
- Show / Hide to choose which dimension items you want to display.
- Totals Position to change where totals display on the grid.
- Conditional Formatting to apply formatting to cells in your grid based on specified criteria.
- Reorder to change the order of items on a grid.
- Click Next when you finish modifying your view.
Further configuration options display, along with a preview of your custom view. If you need to make an update, click Back and modify the custom view further.
- Configure additional options. The available options vary between worksheet primary grids and different card types.
On a worksheet, you can:
- Toggle right Allow editing to enable users to edit list items or data.
- Toggle right Allow pivot to enable users to pivot the worksheet (this is enabled by default).
- Select a value from the Row height dropdown to change the height of rows in the grid card.
Standard, the default height, is one line high. Medium is two lines high, Large is four lines, and Extra large is eight lines.
- Toggle right under Rows or Columns to enable hierarchy filters.
- Select one or more line items under Line item image settings to display their values as images on the worksheet (these images display once you click Publish).
The Line item image settings section only displays if your view contains valid link-formatted line items.
You can display
.pngfiles as images on a grid card. Learn how to store image URLs.
- Click Update to finish configuring your grid or card and display it on your page in designer mode.
- Click Publish, in the top-right, to publish the custom view to the page.