The custom view functionality enables you to design a new view for use in your pages without having to open and edit the source module.
Use the Custom View tab to design a new view. You can do this when creating or editing a the main grid on a worksheet, or a card.
Pivot your dimensions before you customize your custom view further. When you pivot a custom view, it removes any filter, sort, or show customizations you make. However, conditional formatting persists when you pivot a custom view.
On custom views with customizations published before the Allow pivot configuration option was released, pivot is disabled by default.
Module views can only be pivoted from the source model.
To edit cards, select Edit to open your page in designer mode.
Select Save to save as a draft, or Publish to publish the page.
To design a custom view:
- Select Configure grid on a new worksheet, or Configure view on an existing worksheet.
For board or report pages, configure a new chart, grid, or KPI card.
- On the Custom views tab of the Select data source panel, choose a module.
- To modify your custom view, on the toolbar, you can select:
- Pivot to change the dimensions applied to Rows, Columns, and Context selectors.
- Filter to change the values that display for line items in your grid, based on criteria you determine.
- Sort to arrange your data in ascending or descending order.
- Show / Hide to choose which dimension items you want to display.
- Totals Position to change where totals display on the grid.
- Conditional Formatting to apply formatting to cells in your grid based on specified criteria.
- Reorder to change the order of items on a grid.
- Select Update.
- On the Card configuration panel, you can configure additional options for the primary grid, and chart, grid, or KPI cards.