Hide or Show options are useful if you want to create a simplified view of your data. You can choose to:
- Save the new view of your data, otherwise it will reset to Show all data.
- Publish the new grid to a classic dashboard.
- Create a chart from the new grid and then publish to a classic dashboard.
Depending on the data you've selected, the following Show or Hide options are available:
- Hide and Hide Selected, removes your chosen column or row from view. You can hide multiple columns or rows at a time.
- Hide Every Occurrence, removes all instances of a column or row. For instance, you might have a Profit and Loss module that details Revenue and Cost of Sales for every country your company operates in. You can choose to hide every Revenue column for each country, from your module.
- Show and Show Selected, displays only your chosen column or row.
- Select items to show, allows you to choose multiple columns or rows to display in your module or classic dashboard.
- Show Every Occurrence, shows all instances of a column or row. For instance, you might have a Profit and Loss module that details Revenue and Cost of Sales for every country your company operates in. You can choose to show every Revenue column for each country, in your module.
- Show all columns, Show all rows, and Show All, resets the module or classic dashboard to show all columns or rows that you've hidden.
- Select Levels to Show, is useful if you have multiple data levels, or a nested column or row, and only want to show or hide a particular level. To find out more, see Make level based selections.
If you apply Hide, and a new column or row is added, the new item displays. The data that has not had Hide applied, is shown.
If you apply Show , and a new column or row is added, Anaplan does not display the new item. Anaplan only shows your chosen columns or rows.
When Hide or Show options are applied:
- There's no change if you pivot.
- There's no effect on Workflow.