A report is a deck of slides, where each slide tells a part of the story. Compose your report with cards in the same way you build boards and worksheets. You can position cards anywhere on the slide, add cards to an Insights panel to provide context, and configure links to another page within the same app.
Anaplan reports are for all users, particularly those who need to transform data into visually compelling narratives to drive decisions. As a page builder, you can create management reports for executive stakeholders, based on your Anaplan models. Here are some examples:
As a finance analyst, you need to analyze data and summarize key patterns, exceptions, and outliers. You also need to perform variance analysis on granular areas. For example, regions, products, and cost centers. This kind of analysis enables them to identify potential revenue loss or causes of missed targets.
You can use an Anaplan report to present findings and narratives to executives, and use formatting to emphasize key points.
As a vice president of sales, you need to regularly review consistently formatted management reports, to review sales performance and compare actuals to forecasts.
You can use an Anaplan report to present forecasts that track projected performance and revenue targets, with a consistent look and feel. You can then use the report in regular communications to your board.
- Create a new report page.
- Select a model and configure the context.
- Select page size and a background.
- Add cards to your first report slide.
You can choose from some of the cards available to boards and worksheets, plus table cards and dynamic data-rich text cards. Table cards are like grids, with optional themes for repeatable formatting.
- You can:
- Arrange your cards anywhere on the slide, at any size, to compose an actionable report.
- Add cards to the Insights panel. The Insights panel provides a space for you to contextualize slide data. The Insights panel only displays on a report for your users if you add cards or links to it.
- To help reuse similar cards consistently, copy and paste cards.
- While you design your reports, add, reorder, duplicate, and remove slides.
- Enable or disable Export to PDF for a page.
- When you're ready, Publish your report so that users can:
You can add and edit cards in the Insights panel to contextualize your slide data. You can update model data from the Insights panel and display the data in your report in real time. For example, you can use the panel to update report narratives or view the impact of a 10% uplift. The panel only displays on a report for your users if you add cards or links to it.
You can add the following cards to the Insights panel:
You can use the Quick links panel to link to related pages from your report page.