Grids on boards
On a board, grids display within grid cards. You can edit grid cards based on access assigned to each card individually by the page builder.
Grids on worksheets
On a worksheet, a primary grid displays in the left and center of the screen, and additional grids within grid cards in the Insights panel.
If you can access a worksheet, you can edit the primary grid. You can edit grid cards based on access assigned to each card individually by the page builder.
Editable and read-only cells
Editable cells contain purple text on a white background. Read-only cells contain dark gray text on a light gray background. Cells display in:
- the primary grid on a worksheet
- grid cards in the Insights panel of a worksheet
You can delete multiple editable cells in one action. Select multiple cells and then press the Delete key.
There are several ways you can select multiple cells:
- Click and drag over multiple cells
- Click a cell, hold down the Shift key, then click another to select these cells and the cells between them
- Click a cell, hold down the Shift key, then use the arrow keys to select multiple cells
- Click a row or column header to select the entire row or column (Use Shift, Ctrl, or Command to select multiple rows or columns)
You can paste into multiple editable cells. If you paste into breakback summaries, any detail cells paste first and are held, while the difference to the new summary value distributes across the remaining detail cells in their existing proportions. If you paste with Enable paste into detail cells only enabled, only detail values paste and their summaries recalculate.
On grids on both boards and worksheets, page builders and users can:
- filter the data in a grid on a worksheet
- drill down into a cell to see how the cell's value is calculated
- copy a selection across or down all cells to the edge of the grid
- sort a grid so that the data displays in ascending or descending order
- use the context selectors to change the dimension displayed on a grid in a board or worksheet
- set conditional formatting to highlight data within your grid